Sunday, October 23, 2016

6. Noble Takes The Plunge

Day 37

A full month of sponge baths, damp wipe-downs and spit cleanings haven't prepared me for the real thing. Last week we had a family shower, wherein Noble's head was gently banged against the shower wall (Bill) shortly before she got punched in the skull drying off (Amber). Bathing is slippery business, and we were all a little nervous.
This week, her five week anniversary ushered in a funk I found both adorable and unnecessary, so we headed for the sink.

Thanks to this fabulous apparatus by Blooming Bath, Noble's first bath was a great success.
If you're familiar with a Blooming Bath, you're already a fan. If not, you might consider the investment. My sink is tight, so I put a pot with an inverted lid beneath it to adjust the height and let the water absorb, warming the seat up nicely. The petals can overlap to corral about an inch or two of water, so she was able to submerge her bum in her first non-fecal puddle.



Aside from sweat, diaper business and birth grime, there wasn't much to wash away.  As a fan of preserving precious sebum, I hope not to have to bathe her too often. As a fan of this accentuated baby pattern baldness however, I will look forward to any chance I get. Bring on the blow outs!



Fully dressed.




1 comment: